October 28, 2021

Disha Shakti News

New Hopes New Visions

“New Zealand is confident that his team will be able to make history”- Trent Boult

The qualifying process for the World Cup final is a bit of a mystery to Trent Boult, but the pace spearhead in New Zealand is confident that his team will be able to make history when he succeeds India. to the first title.
The WTC final is scheduled to be held from 18 to 22 June in Southampton.
“The way the group has traveled and acted through New Zealand and the world is the boys in a great place to hopefully create some history,” Boult told reporters at the Bay Oval.
“Everything feels good with what lies ahead, a big stage for the World Test final, and hopefully I can get over there and also be part of the second Test (against England),” he added.
“I took a while to understand the process of qualifying, how everything works with the points, and still think no one knows how it works, but getting into the final, the excitement is increasing now,” Boult said. said.
The 31-year-old said of the Dukes ball, which will be used for the WTC final: ‘I have not had too much experience with it yet and have played a handful of Tests in England. It responds very differently, then you have to weigh all these different places. ‘
“I’m sure the boys are very excited to get their hands on it and see it move. Hopefully we can entertain you a little during the next jerk.”
Before the WTC final, New Zealand host England for a series of two matches in the red ball.
Boult, who bagged 281 wickets in the 71st Test, will not be available for the first Test as he chose to spend time with his family following the suspension of the IPL mid-season.
However, the seam bowler, who leaves for the UK on Thursday, hopes to be part of the second game.
“Once I walk a foot in the UK, I get the chance to smell the English fresh air and see the ball move a bit, I will definitely be excited,” he added.
The left-handed seam bowler, who plays for the Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League, is also optimistic about showing up for the second half of the currently suspended T20 league in the United Arab Emirates.
Last week, the BCCI approved the resumption of the IPL in September in the UAE. The league was suspended last month after several cases of COVID-19 were reported in the bio-bubble.
“It looks like it’s moving forward to the UAE, where it did very well last year. If I get the chance, I’ll be looking forward to finishing the campaign nicely,” Boult said.
“Things increased pretty quickly there. I was very grateful that I was given the opportunity in the IPL to play on stage,” he added.

Report by Chetali S M
Reported on – 01/06/2021

Share this News
error: Content is protected !!